One of my favorite new dishes invented this fall:
The following arrived in our CSA share this week (minus the ginger -- that's from our local supermarket):

Butternut squash, purple turnip, onion, garlic, carrot, and ginger.
At the suggestion of our farmer, I decided to make a soup. He provided one recipe, but it lacked ginger, so I poked around on the internet for a ginger-curry flavored recipe. (I recently ate ginger-curry flavored butternut squash soup at a restaurant and it was still on my mind...)
I sauteed the onion, garlic, ginger, and carrot...
Then filled the pot with water and added chunks of turnip and squash...
And added 1 tsp each cinnamon & curry powder, and a pinch of salt...
And pureed using a food processor once the veggies softened...
AND PROCEEDED TO EAT THE MOST SATISFYING SOUP I'VE HAD IN MONTHS.
Just saying :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment